Disclaimer:

This blog is not owned or operated by the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This Blog is for anyone who wants to discuss scriptures, or anyone who wants to learn more about the LDS Faith. Please feel free to post comments or ask questions. All I ask is that all participants, whether LDS or not, please be kind and courteous towards others when posting. Thank you!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas

Hello Friends. Today I want to talk about Christmas.  Usually when I think of Christmas I think of Lights and decorations such as tree,lights,stockings,gifts,and many other things.

I wont lie to you when I hear Christmas I think about all of those things, But ever since I came out on my mission over a year ago there is two thing that has always stuck with me on my mind and that was my family and the birth of our Savior.          


The one question that I have recently been asking myself is what gift can I give the Savior? I cant give him Gold or anything worldly, so what can I give to my Savior for Christmas? And then it dawned on me. Serving my fellow man, and taking the time to reflect on the greatest gift the Savior could ever give to mankind.    Let me show some references as to why serving people is important. 

In Mosiah 2:17 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

In John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." 

We have all heard of the Golden rule "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" Also we know just by reading the Holy Bible that the Savior's life and ministry was nothing but service. Healing the sick and the afflicted, raising people from the dead, Feeding the multitudes of people, Etc... The list can go on for a while.

Now you might be saying right now ok so serving our fellow man is important, But what is the greatest gift that the Savior gave to us.   May I be bold and say it is Eternal Life or what is known as Salvation? 

In the Doctrine and Covenants 6:13 we read "If thou wilt do good, yea, and hold out faithful to the end, thou shalt be saved in the kingdom of God, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God; for there is no gift greater than the gift of salvation. "

My friends because the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born into the world we have hope. Because of the Savior and his Atonement we can be with our families in the kingdom of God. It is my hope and prayer that we all take the time to serve our fellow man, and I hope we take the time to show how grateful we are to our families, friends and to our Savior.   Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment