Disclaimer:

This blog is not owned or operated by the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This Blog is for anyone who wants to discuss scriptures, or anyone who wants to learn more about the LDS Faith. Please feel free to post comments or ask questions. All I ask is that all participants, whether LDS or not, please be kind and courteous towards others when posting. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Plan! Part 1

The Plan! Part 1

(This is part one of a three part blog.)
Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. This plan covers three basic questions that many people in this world today always seem to be asking:
  1. Where did I come from?
  2. What is my purpose being here on this earth?
  3. Where do I go when I die?
If you have had these questions it is okay, because I too like many of you have asked these question, and there are answers to these questions. I will answer these questions but! I would ask that you keep your ears and your eyes and your heart open and humble to what I am about to tell you.

We came from a place called Pre-Earth life which sounds exactly as it means. Before we came to earth we lived with God the Father and with everyone else that is on the earth today. In Jeremiah 1:4-5 we read:
"Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." 

The Lord told Jeremiah that he KNEW HIM before he was in the womb of his mother. Now if the Lord knew Jeremiah don't you think the Lord knew who we were as well? Part of this plan that our Father in Heaven presented to us was that we were to come down here to earth and to get a body and to see if we would prove faithful to the lord. In Abraham chapter 3:25 It states:
"And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them."

Our Heavenly Father knew we would all fall short and knew we would make mistakes so he asked who would go down to atone for our sins, and there were two responses.
“And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first. And the second was angry, and kept not his first estate; and, at that day, many followed after him.” 
(See also revelations 12:7-9) Revelation's continues and says:
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
Those who overcame the Devil and his angels were those who chose to follow Jesus Christ and had a strong testimony, those people were US. We know this because of the fact that we are down here on earth today.
(To be continued in: The Plan! Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment