Disclaimer:

This blog is not owned or operated by the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This Blog is for anyone who wants to discuss scriptures, or anyone who wants to learn more about the LDS Faith. Please feel free to post comments or ask questions. All I ask is that all participants, whether LDS or not, please be kind and courteous towards others when posting. Thank you!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Study The Scriptures

If someone that you knew came up to you and asked you what the role of the scriptures were what would you tell them? If you had asked me before I came back to church I probably would have told you that they were just good books that people were supposed to read, or I might have said they were just books that were boring. Well if I may I would like to tell you what the real reason scriptures are for. In the Holy Bible we can get a feel of what they are for when we read John 20:31   
 31But these are awritten, that ye might bbelieve that Jesus is the cChrist, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have dlife through his ename. John has told us that the Bible was written that we might believe in Jesus Christ. In the Book of Mormon a Nephite Prophet named Alma says this about the scriptures.
Alma 33:14  14Now behold, my brethren, I would ask if ye have read the scriptures? If ye have, how can ye adisbelieve on the Son of God?
 Isn't that interesting? Both prophets testify the importance of the scriptures and what they are meant for. My friends I can promise you this blessing, if you will read your scriptures for 10 minutes a day you will begin to feel the spirit of the Lord more fully in your lives, you will also find answer to life's greatest questions as well as questions you have personally. I know that what I have written here today is true because I have put the scriptures to the test ever since coming back to church and I am a much better man today then I ever was in my life. If you do not believe my words, then why don't you put me to the test? Besides What do you have to lose? I love you all very much and hope and pray you will read the scriptures more, the scriptures testify of Christ and his divine role and they also testify that eternal life only comes through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment